Thursday, February 27, 2014

Why I Love Shaun T

I started this blog saying that I eat junk food and I don't intend to stop.  I had a moment after the first 5 weeks of T25 where I thought about trying to eat "clean" and drink shakes and all that stuff for the second 5 weeks.  That moment lasted all of 3 minutes.  First, I realized how expensive shakes are.  It's expensive to eat healthy as it is.  It's nowhere near being in my budget to buy some powdered crap that surely doesn't taste good anyway.  I love fruit, I really like vegetables, and I eat a decent amount of both.  I'll stick with that.  And I'll keep my Girl Scout cookies and Cap'N Crunch cereal and chocolate and bread  too.  Second, I realized I'd be even more moody and crabby than I naturally am if I tried to deprive myself of whatever I felt like eating.

About three weeks into T25 I found the T25 Facebook page, and Shaun T's fan page.  And it has been such a blessing to see that he's not fake, he's not someone to preach never indulging in dessert, and he's very open about being real.  I have no desire to follow a fitness professional who demands that exercise and "clean" eating take precedence over enjoyment of life.  This was Shaun T's post today:

And it was captioned, "My true love! Sometimes I just need a damn donut! #85/15rule"

Ha!  I've been saying for days I want a donut.  How can you not love a fitness professional who posts a picture of himself loving his bag of processed, powdered, sugary donuts!?

I didn't order Focus T-25.  I didn't want to do it at all, actually.  My husband ordered it for himself.  Not to be outdone, I said I'd do it too.  And I have really really fallen in love with it.  It's short, which is so good for me, but it's extremely challenging, which I need in order to not be bored and quit.

I've said it before and I'll say it again…You don't have to give up things that you love, devote all your time, or be miserable to be healthy and in shape.  I'm thrilled with the muscle I'm gaining doing this program.  I wish I didn't have the lovely layer of fat (on my hips especially) that's covering those muscles, but I will never NEVER choose to be miserable just to have a slightly lower body fat percentage.  Kate Moss said once, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."  That stuck with me because she is so full of crap it's not even funny.  Give me some muscle and a donut and I'll feel better than any girl who starves herself just to look how she thinks she's "supposed to".

*stepping off my soapbox*

No comments:

Post a Comment